Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner this year? We know how daunting it can be! But as the saying goes, the secret to success is preparation and hard work! Here’s an ultimate 2-week guide to a stress-free Thanksgiving for you!
2 Weeks Before Thanksgiving
- Have your guestlist in order.
- Plan your menu.
- Order Turkey.
- Clean up the fridge. Make room for your frozen baked goods, and of course, your turkey.
- Supply Inventory. Check if you have enough serving sets whether you are using disposables or china.
- Test your cooking tools.
- Make a shopping list. Include the Friday breakfast if you have guests staying overnight.
1 Week Before Thanksgiving
- Start purchasing your non-perishables and drinks.
- Start making freezable goods like rolls, breads, and piecrust.
- If you’re using a frozen turkey, now is the best time to purchase it.
3 Days Before Thanksgiving
- Defrost your turkey. A good rule to follow is to give every 5 lbs of turkey a 24 hour period to thaw. Keep in mind the safe food habits when doing this
- If fresh, pick it up and prepare your cranberry dish or relish.
- Shop for perishable Ingredients.
- Clean Serving Dishes and Polish the silvers
1-2 Days Before Thanksgiving
- Brine the turkey.
- Bake apple and pecan pies.
- Set the table.
- Prep ingredients.
- Defrost premade bread
- Chill wine and beer
- Prepare stuffing
- Roast the turkey
- Prepare the side dishes and the gravy.
- Re-heat anything that needs to be warmed.
- Put all the food on the table or buffet.
- HAVE FUN!