Purchasing a home can be an exciting time- A thousand thoughts running through your mind.
Are you in the home that you will be making an offer on? If so- you may want to take a few notes on areas you want your inspector to examine more closely.
Take a look at the checklist below as a guide as you walk through the home.
Exterior Items to Focus On:
- Do you notice any signs of a leak?
- From what you can see, are there any roof shingles missing?
- Did you notice any visible cracks on or along the exterior walls?
- Driveway and Walkway- Are the in good condition?
- Do the drainage pipes move away from the home?
- Do you notice any very "soggy/ muddy" areas of the yard?
Interior Items to Focus On:
Appliances: (If included)
- Do the appliance appear to be well- Maintained?
- Do you notice any leaks around the dishwasher, refrigerator, etc.
- Are there any water stains on the floors, walls, or ceilings?
Ventilation and Sub-Systems:
- Is there a working exhaust fan in the kitchen and bathroom?
- Do you notice any abnormal smells in the home?
- Depending on the weather, does the AC/ and or Heating Unit appear to be working?
What Can you expect when booking your Inspection? We have compiled a list of items to give you a few useful tips to get you through this process as smooth as possible, You can check out those details here.
Again, these are only a few suggestions of items you should have in the back of your mind to consult your inspector about when it becomes time. We highly recommend hiring a Home Inspector to do a full tour of the Home, and check all systems for you.
Be Sure To Follow Us On Social Media:
Information Provided In This Post Is For Your Information Only.